Grades as per Constitution and Bylaws - Summarized
Studying FULLTIME towards Chemical Engineering qualification/s (B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech, Diploma, Honours, Masters, Ph.D).
At the time of election a Student shall be a bona fide student being educated at a South African university, university of technology or other South African approved institution of tertiary education, with the object of qualifying for the practice of chemical engineering. Students may apply from their 2nd year onwards.
Someone who does not hold the equivalent of a chemical engineering qualification at a South African university, university of technology or other South African approved institution of tertiary education, but does hold another technical or relevant qualification. Eg Non SA qualification
Someone who holds the equivalent of a chemical engineering qualification at a South African university, university of technology or other South African approved institution of tertiary education; including sufficient subjects of a chemical engineering nature.
OR holding a recognised qualification in chemistry, physics, mathematics or engineering, from an approved university, university of technology or other approved institution of tertiary education; AND having had at least two years experience in chemical engineering AND be engaged in the application of chemical engineering in the process industry/ chemical engineering services relevant to this industry / be engaged in the teaching or postgraduate study of chemical engineering.
1. Be at least 25 years of age
2. a) Holding a Chemical Engineering Degree of an approved university or Diploma/Degree in Technology of an approved university of technology, including sufficient subjects of a chemical engineering nature;
OR b) having reached an academic standard deemed by Council to be equivalent thereto by formal study at an educational institution or otherwise;
have at least 3 years experience in chemical engineering at university graduate level, and has attained a position of recognised responsibility in the profession as is usually achieved by a graduate after about 3 years experience;
3. degree in chemistry, physics, mathematics or engineering (other than chem eng) of an approved university; AND at least 3 years in the process industry or in chemical engineering services relevant to this industry
Registered with ECSA, or with a similar professional organization, as a Professional Engineer.
At the time of election a Fellow shall:
* have been a Member of the Institution for at least three years (having fulfilled the requirements for Member grade)
* >33, at least 5 years in a position of superior responsibility in chemical engineering OR
* >39, has such status, proof of achievement and practical experience in the application of chemical engineering as justifies election to Fellow, and has occupied for at least 5 years a position of superior responsibility in chemical engineering
Cannot apply for this grade. Council may nominate exceptional individuals who qualify.
RETIRED PAID UP MEMBER:
Members in good standing, who
(a) have retired from full time employment, and
(b) have been members of the Institution for at least 15 years,
(c) are eligible for fully paid-up retired SAIChE membership, on payment of a single sum equal to the then current annual subscription rate of a Member.
To Apply: Retired SAIChE Only membership must apply in writing to the Hon. Secretary, confirming that they meet the criteria of By-law 3.6(a) and (b).
Very popular webinar.
Very popular webinar.
CPD 2 credits. CPD Ref....
CPD 2 Credits. CPD...