ANNUAL SAIChE SUBSCRIPTIONS 2020
IChemE put in place new arrangements which came into effect end 2019 with the 2020 annual subscription run. The Annual Renewal Fees of SAIChE and IChemE are currently collected and processed by IChemE. Members pay one amount to IChemE, online via PayPal in pounds. You will receive a receipt (in pounds) via email. Invoices (in pounds) are available on request. (This will not be a Tax invoice as no VAT is involved.)
New arrangements for members in South Africa / members of SAIChE based outside of South Africa:
• Membership of IChemE: IChemE’s standard membership offering is available to all members, globally.
• Membership of SAIChE: IChemE provide a full membership service to SAIChE which includes maintaining its membership roll. Those who wish to be a member of SAIChE will be required to hold membership of IChemE. The cost of membership will be at the IChemE rate applicable to a member’s grade and domicile. There will be no additional charge for membership of SAIChE. Members living in South Africa will automatically have SAIChE membership as well.
As IChemE operate the SAIChE membership roll it will not be possible to be a member of SAIChE without joining and maintaining membership of IChemE.
• Governance: An IChemE National Board is being created in South Africa to connect the membership in the country with IChemE’s broader programme of activity, through a standardised structure. Governance of SAIChE will be separate but the two bodies will work closely to deliver activity locally.
• Engineering Council South Africa (ECSA): SAIChE will continue to work with ECSA as a Voluntary Association to serve the profession in South Africa.
• Annual subscription rates: All members globally will pay a rate, set by IChemE, to IChemE.
More information on how SAIChE and IChemE are now working together can be found on the IChemE website.